Sunday 2 March 2008

Love on Mexican Time







Thinking about leaving San Miguel de Allende is causing me to have all kinds of fits. Mostly I am thinking about what it means to fall in love. It defies all logic and all sense, but that is just obvious. What else makes that chemical soup so very 'delisioso'? Is is color (must be pleasing), is it smell (yessss), is it texture (rough and imperfect) is it salty (a little), is it spicy...BINGO! I think that may be, for me, the secret ingredient. Although I adore routine, I also adore the sense of things being just a little bit off kilter, a little uncomfortable and a little mysterious. It's that thing that is just beneath the surface that only the object of your affection has. Oh, it is sweet, sweet, sweet.

1 comment:

Chad said...

Follows right along with "perfectly imperfect" doesn't it...On Dasher, on dancer, off kilter to wherever next...