Tuesday 5 August 2008

What is Love?

...and why must we 'love' ourselves so friggin much? I often draw a blank when I hear someone say we must love ourselves ( and appreciate ourselves and honour ourselves) before we can love others? I just don't get it. Basically, to me, all that self-centered-ness is very stifling and totally unproductive. Obviously, just remaining alive and surviving day to day and maybe doing something nice for someone else during each day, is what I can hope for. Believe me, I am okay with that. It is enough for me. Frankly, I don't find myself all that fascinating. Let's face it, we are all going out of this life alone, and I think 'eternity' is plenty of time to practice my affirmations. No, I am not depressed or blue...I am a realist and really, really love so many people. I do think that my challenge is to show my love a little bit better, a little bit clearer and a little bit sooner.

2 comments:

Joey Boshart said...

"What's love got to do with it?" I think G will agree with me... everything. Definitely not a "second-hand" emotion.

LG said...

I totally agree, mostly I quite like myself but as for the love bit, I get SO much more pleasure out of reserving that for the important people in my life. I think a good life is had by knowing and accepting who you truly are. Not such an easy concept, but in my experience (when I occasionally manage it) a rewarding one.